Work at St. Andrew
Buildings and Maintenance Worker – Part-time
Purpose and Scope
Under the direct supervision of the Buildings and Maintenance Supervisor, this position assists with set up for all parish activities, cleaning and miscellaneous labor duties. Performs any other position-related tasks as deemed necessary and/ or assigned by the pastor.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides general assistance with all event/meeting set-ups and tear downs as delegated by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Cleans church and other parish buildings. Mops and vacuum floors, cleans bathrooms, washes windows, clean carpets, maintain supplies in rest rooms.
Performs periodic HVAC maintenance and filter replacement.
- Performs lighting maintenance and replacement as needed.
- Completes all preventative maintenance work as scheduled by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Reports maintenance related issues to supervisor (e.g. plumbing repairs, leaks, etc.) Subsequently, for planning and execution of any needed minor repair, painting or other maintenance to ensure the buildings maintain a “like new” appearance and operational capability.
- Checks the parish calendar and with the Maintenance
- Supervisor upon arrival each day to determine if any high priority work is required. Is available via cell phone to both the Maintenance Supervisor and Pastor at any time for special needs.
- Manages and performs tasks related to closing down the facility and setting the security alarm.
Additional Job Functions
- Performs any necessary job-related tasks assigned by the Pastor.
- Promotes a positive team attitude with employees and volunteers.
- Adheres to all Diocesan policies.
The above is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Must have initiative, creativity, and sensitivity to the needs of people.
- Takes initiative in identifying and addressing any items requiring attention from a maintenance viewpoint.
- Ability to set priorities and organize work effectively.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and familiarity with the Church as an organization.
- Must work effectively with and collaborate with the pastor, parishioners, parish staff and other maintenance personnel.
- Must work both outside and inside performing manual tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to safely operate a variety of hand and power tools; operate a lift; move and lift furniture, materials and equipment.
- Has an in depth understanding of the facilities and operating systems.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all matters.
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED.
- Diocesan employment requirements must be met.
- Must be flexible with work hours; nights, weekends, holidays, and special events.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- One year of maintenance/custodial experienced preferred.
- EPA certification a plus.
This position is part-time and non-exempt and requires approximately 20 hours a week. Must have a valid Arizona driver’s license and have own transportation. Employee is subject to the personnel policies of the Diocese of Phoenix for parish personnel.
To apply please go here: https://dphx.org/job_post/buildings-and-maintenance-worker/