The sound ministry of St. Andrew the Apostle strives to support the sung and spoken word of God. This leadership, in turn, fosters full, conscious and active participation of the assembly, which assists the assembly to express the gift of faith within the mass, and which nourishes and strengthens their interior commitment of faith.
Sound Ministry Responsibilities
- Must be trained under senior sound technician until deemed competent. Training consists of 3-6 months of on-the-job learning, depending on aptitude/experience.
- Must attend Diocesan Called to Protect Class.
- Highly encouraged to attend Formation classes at St. Andrew the Apostle.
- Sets up microphones, etc. for all singers and instrumentalists.
- Runs the mixing board during liturgies.