Teen Lead Program
About Teen Lead
The Teen Lead program through our current Life Teen program, is a program that allows for 11th and 12th grade teens to grow, refine, and use their God given talents for our Church family. This also allows them to build up their life skills which can be used in their future endeavors as they step out into the real world. By stepping into a Teen Lead role, teens are entrusted and challenged with leadership opportunities appropriate for their age group. These opportunities will help them to develop and learn what it means to be a leader to their peers, and equip them with timeless tools as they discern what our Lord is calling from them individually in this life.
What does a Teen Lead do?
VISION: Looking at the year ahead...
- Identifies trends, issues, and topics throughout the year that are relevant to high school teens.
- Brainstorms ways with fellow Teen Leads these identified areas can be addressed within Life Nights.
CREATIVE: Uses their talents in the following areas for Life Teen and other Parish event opportunities that may arise...
- Environment (Interior Design, Staging, Decoration, etc.)
- Audio (Sound design, Music, Audio recording, etc.)
- Visual Art (Painting, drawing, etc.)
- Videography (Recording, editing, making promotional videos, etc.)
- Graphic Design (Designing graphics, flyers, logos, etc.)
- Social Media (Sharing or creating content for social media)
SMALL GROUP/RETREAT: For Life Nights and other Life Teen events...
- Follows the Core Leader, and helps to facilitate small group discussions with younger peers.
- Encourages other teens to participate in discussion.
- Is willing and ready to answer the questions posed by Core Leaders as well.
- Helps to plan and be a part of the Fall or Spring Life Teen Retreat.
PREPPING: Plain and simple...
- Helps to put together supplies for Life Teen events or other Parish functions.
LITURGY: For any of the Sunday Masses.
- Ushering (Hospitality: Greeting, Welcoming Parishioners, Answering Simple Questions, etc.)
- Lectoring (Reading the Word of God during the Sunday Masses.)
- Video Projection (Projecting the music lyrics, videos, and prayers throughout the Sunday liturgies.)
What are the requirements of being a Teen Lead?
Requirements for the Teen Lead Program includes:
- Attendance of once a month meetings on the third Wednesdays of the month (6:30-7:30pm) or third Sundays of the month (5:30-6:30pm) following the scheduled Life Night.
- Only one Teen Lead meeting absence is allowed per semester.
- Regular attendance to Life Teen nights.
- Advanced notification of absence from retreats, Life Nights, etc.
- Frequent attendance of the Sacraments including weekly Mass, Confession as needed, and Eucharistic Adoration.
- Attendance of the annual Kairos Retreat in January 13-16, 2023.
How do I Apply?
Applications for the Teen Lead Program will open beginning September 1, 2022.
The application window will close at midnight on September 23, 2022.